Our bankruptcy lawyers understand that a debtor’s decision to file bankruptcy is very difficult and is usually the debtor’s last resort to obtain relief against creditors’ claims.
Although the bankruptcy laws are complicated, the bankruptcy lawyers at ASG are experienced and knowledgable in representing debtors and creditors in bankruptcy and assisting them in navigating this complex procedure.
Our practice areas in bankruptcy law include the following:
- Chapter 11 Reorganizations (Including Personal Chapter 11 Cases)
- Chapter 7 Liquidations
- Filing of Creditor’s Claims
- 2004 Debtor’s Examination
- Representing Creditors at 341 Meeting of Creditors
- Obtaining Relief from Automatic Stay
- Assignments for Benefit of Creditors
- Out of Court Workouts and Restructurings
- Debt Counseling
- Prosecution and Defense of Bankruptcy Related Litigation, including Litigation Involving Preferences, Fraudulent Conveyances, Dischargeability Issues, Asset Sales and the Automatic Stay
Our Bankruptcy Lawyers are Here to Help
There are times when life is difficult. There is just no getting around it that there may come a time when you are in financial straits and need to find a way out of it efficiently and quickly. You may never have considered bankruptcy up until now, but it is a very viable option in today’s world. Before you make a move, you will want to sit down and talk with a bankruptcy lawyer.
At Anchors Smith Grimsley, we understand that it is a difficult decision to declare bankruptcy. This may be something you have thought long and hard about, sought out other alternatives, but now believe it is the only way to obtain relief from your debts.
Creditor’s often make impossible demands, or your lifestyle may have changed and your financial situation with it. You may ask yourself are there any good bankruptcy lawyers near me. At ASG, our bankruptcy lawyers are some of the most experienced around. Because bankruptcy laws are especially complicated, do not settle for anything less than an experienced bankruptcy attorney.
Filing for bankruptcy is a difficult personal decision. Unlike other decisions in life that require the services of a lawyer or attorney, coming to the decision to declare bankruptcy is often looked on as a failure on your part. We all know this is not the case. Know that many people from all walks of life can have trouble making payments on loans or credit cards. Plenty of people just like you are faced with paying bills or buying food for their family or have built up incredible debt and now cannot pay it back.
Through loss of a job, divorce, becoming widowed, or health issues, life can throw us curve balls. Businesses fail, weather can impact one’s livelihood, medical bills can come out of nowhere and suddenly you cannot make ends meet anymore. If you are considering bankruptcy, it is not the end of the line, and our experienced bankruptcy lawyers can help.
As the cost of living continues to increase, the price of everything seems to go up, from monthly bills, to gas for your car, clothes for your children, as well as the increase in the price of health insurance. The economy is still a ways off from being a boon for everyone. You may have been counting on selling a house or business, but there are no buyers. The death of a loved one, illness, foreclosures, tax problems, garnishments, unemployment, and lawsuits can all wreak havoc on your life.
At ASG, our bankruptcy attorneys understand everything you are going through. Hardworking folks are struggling every day. No one wants to come home to endless phone calls from creditors or threatening letters in the mail.
Put your worry to rest. Bankruptcy is not the worst thing that can happen to you, and our attorneys are here to make things go more smoothly. We will sit down and discuss your current situation, then offer you a solution. Just a quick phone call to one of our bankruptcy lawyers and you can be on your way to a brighter future.
What can our Bankruptcy Attorneys help you with?
Is your house payment draining you because you are upside down on your mortgage? Have you been burdened with medical costs from an unexpected illness or disease? We are also not strangers to people troubled by IRS issues or who have student loan problems.
If you have a business and are looking to reorganize your debts to weather the down months when tourism is scant, this is familiar territory for us. Our bankruptcy lawyers work with all professions affected by the seasons, including fishermen and boat captains who want to gain financial relief from the cyclical income that has turned into a difficulty.
Our bankruptcyattorneys proudly serve the Emerald Coast Area, and we look forward to proudly serving your needs as well.
What bankruptcy can do for you:
- Eliminate the legal obligation to pay most or all of your debts. This is called a “discharge” of debts.”
- Stop a foreclosure on your home. It also gives you the opportunity to catch up on missed payments.
- Prevent your car from getting repossessed.
- Stop wage garnishments.
- Stop debt collection harassment.
- Restore utility services, such as electric or water.
- If fraud is an issue, challenge the validity of creditors.
There are different types of bankruptcy you can file under:
- Chapter 7 is known as ‘straight’ bankruptcy or ‘liquidation’. This requires that a debtor give up property which exceeds certain limits called ‘exemptions.’ The property then can be sold to satisfy creditors.
- Chapter 11 is used by businesses and individuals whose debt is very large. This type of bankruptcy is known as ‘reorganization.’
- Chapter 12 is specifically for family farmers and fishermen.
- Chapter 13 is known as ‘debt adjustment.’ This is where you can file a plan in order to pay debts based on your current income.
Most people will be filing under either chapter 7 or chapter 13. You can file for bankruptcy as an individual or as a married couple filing jointly.
Our bankruptcy attorneys will be able to explain it all to you. Because there are options and because they are specific to circumstances, trying to wade through the vast maze of bankruptcy information is nearly impossible. Don’t put yourself through any more stress. At ASG, we handle the tough issues for you
There are many things to consider when filing for bankruptcy. Our clients ask us if they will be discriminated against in the future, or whether married people can file individually. They want to know if student loans can be erased, how credit standing may be affected, and whether they can file for bankruptcy while going through a divorce. At ASG, we have helped numerous clients with their financial situations over the years. Get in touch with our bankruptcy lawyers for answers to all these questions and more.
We serve many areas along the Emerald Coast including Destin.